Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

THE DREADFUL DIARIES: Sorting out life.

I am so sorry dudes.

I've been away from posting for quite some time. There is a reason! My life literally went into over drive and I was so busy that I have barely sat down.

So I have been looking for work for a while and reassessing what I wanted to do with myself. I'd reached a point where my anxiety was awful and I wasn't happy where I was. I needed to reassess and take a moment to think. Which isn't easy when your not working in a way because your so stressed about finances.

Luckily, I've had all the support in the world and I didn't have to worry too much. I just had to figure it out. Bit by bit, my life sort of took off. I think for someone who wasn't at work - I worked hard. I had to figure out what industry I wanted to be in and who I wanted to work for. I realised that I didn't want to work in marketing for fashion and beauty companies anymore. I wanted to concentrate on moving into non profit , creatives and also art. I have done very little with the degree I have in art and I missed being around creatives. I wanted to find a way to combine that.

I returned to URN1350 for The Indie Show. This is one of my favorite things in the world. I love my show. It's now Tuesday nights at 7-9pm. I play a mixture of indie, rock and occasional metal. What I love is the chance to explore new music and talk. I'm very chatty so radio suits me really well. In fact, I'm off to interview Band Of Skulls tonight ahead of their gig and very nervous about that.

I am also returning to MAC. I feel it's important to mention that as I blog occasionally about cosmetics and I want to mention any conflict of interest. This means that I won't be revealing any new MAC products until the company release them officially. I have missed working with them and missed make up so I'm excited to be going back. I'm part time as well as I will now be working elsewhere too.

So I am also joining Surface Gallery as part of their marketing team. I'm excited about this. Although, with most galleries, it's not just one thing....it's lots! I'm excited to be getting involved in hanging, painting, organising and anything I can do. I predominately work within marketing in general though so I'm more use to people there. I can't wait. I'm already there and excited about it. I'll be talking about my new role here as well in terms of events and gallery openings as well so stay tuned!

This is why life has been very quiet here for a bit. I've been interviewing, induction-ing, organising and generally running around. Last week I barely sat down and I am heading that way again this week. I can't wait. I love what I do and I staying busy. I literally can't wait to do more.

It's also worth noting that during this time I have been going to the gym a lot as well. I've dropped half a stone since returning from Italy and feel much better for it. Weight loss is bloody hard work! I've been at the gym at least four days a week for an hour since August and also working on improving my diet. I am obsessed with eating healthy but I wanted to work on being a healthier vegetarian. I'm happier now with my weight then I was. I felt that when I got back from Italy, I was heavier then I liked. I'm still at the whole gym thing but I'm determined to loose another half a stone. 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar